Wednesday, October 19, 2011

i believe God talks to humankind

Today I was reminded how merciful God is to communicate with each of us individually. There are so many "voices" in the world that seem to either encourage or discourage us along our journey in life. But none of those voices can interfere in the kind of one-to-one communication I enjoy with my Heavenly Father. I believe Joseph Smith did see and talk to God the Father and Jesus Christ. I believe I communicate with them in a less earth-shaking fashion, but equally real. Because I have experienced personal heavenly communication for myself, I would find it very difficult to question whether someone else has experienced something similar, especially Joseph Smith. That is not to say that sometimes what people think is revelation from God is not. I have questioned my own answers to prayers before. But I know when I am keeping the commandments, and seeking to align my will with God's will, the answers come clearly. This is a lifetime experiment for me. I practice over and over and over recognizing how I feel when God speaks to me. To understand that my Heavenly Father finds me important enough to listen to, and to give answers to... is the fiber of which self-worth is made.

1 comment:

rebecca h jamison said...

I think that when the Holy Ghost is with you all the time, your thoughts are so influenced by Him that you have a hard time distinguishing them from your own thoughts. So, for me, if I think I should do something that's good, I figure it's inspiration. Also, if I keep having the same thought over and over again, I figure it's probably inspiration.