Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Memories

Things my mom kept in her purse when I was a kid:
Certs
Chap Stick
Folding scissors
Pocket size tissues
Purple heart keychain
Pen and paper (paper usually had Suzy's Zoo characters on it)
My brother's barf (only on one occasion)

My Dad carried a cool twisty leather coin purse, a felt-tip pen, and a black pocketknife that had a toothpick, tweezers and tiny scissors, which he once used to clip a hangnail for me.

My oldest sister had jelly shoes and jelly bracelets that never lasted long enough to get handed down to me, but I always thought they were extremely cool.

My second oldest sister had a stash of gummy "red hot" flavored lips that she didn't like eating, but she did use them to bribe her siblings into doing things for her. I don't remember what I was ever bribed to do, but I remember the hot lips. She probably got them from a boy.

My younger brother had cap guns that I always thought were cool, and when the guns broke, we hit the cap tape between rocks to make it pop and get that wonderful smell out of them.

3 comments:

Laura Orton said...

I love this! I smiled and giggled and smelled smells and remembered exactly the things you listed. Thanks for remembering. (and yes, they were from a boy)

Geoffrey said...

I wish I could find cap guns. I would totally buy some for Landon. I remember a 4th of July at my Aunt's house in Tooele, and my parents got back from a trip that evening and brought Glen, I and Stephen cap guns and holsters. They were the best!

Grandma Turtle said...

What a fun post, and fun comments. :)