Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Modest is Hottest!

"Young women, choose your clothing the way you would choose your friends—in both cases choose that which improves you and would give you confidence standing in the presence of God. Good friends would never embarrass you, demean you, or exploit you. Neither should your clothing."-Jeffrey R. Holland



I like making my own clothing so that I can make it as modest as I want! I made this shiny apricot shirt, which I added sleeves to, and raised the neckline. Also, the fabric was on sale, so this whole shirt cost me less than a dollar!!! Leah has a matching dress as soon as I get a zipper and hem in it. :) You might have to make the pic bigger to see the ruffles down the front.



This is a very sweet 18-month old boy showing off his latest trick: Blinking.







This is a 4 year old princess modeling her Little House on the Prarie-style braids.

3 comments:

Laura Orton said...

Wow! Awesome cute shirt, you did a fabulous job on it! You look great. What fun pictures of your kids, too! Way to be.

Grandma Turtle said...

Pretty color, cute ruffles, and all out cuteness on your new blouse. :) Cute pictures of Wes and Leah, too.

Diana said...

Beauty, Mate! ;D I love the quote, too! I should blog about my skirt I made me, shouldn't I? :D Yes, yes I should...