Sunday, April 28, 2013

10 Years Towards Eternity


My family is sacred to me. I know that for everyone, this is not the case. I know people that cringe at a thought we often celebrate in our Church, “Families are Forever.”  The reasons are far and wide that cause families not to enjoy each other in this life, and even more numerous factors cause discomfort at the thought of spending eternity together. But I can’t speak to that. I can only speak of my own experience. And in my experience, family is sacred, and is worth celebrating.

This week holds the 10th Anniversary of the day my husband and I began our family. While our family began with just the two of us making vows that day, we always intended to bring children into our home.  We like to feel that each member of our family is someone we invited to be with us. We have spent a relatively short 34 months of our marriage in hopes of becoming pregnant without being able to. During those times, we have gained some precious perspective on what it means to bring (or invite) children into our family. NOTHING is more important to us. It is sacred.

I’m quite sure my attitudes and opinions have lots of maturing to do; which will no doubt happen while my children are doing their own maturing and choice-making. But from the milestone I sit at now, with 10 years towards eternity behind me, I AM excited that “Families are Forever.” I love my husband so much, but this anniversary, I feel more like celebrating the family we have built together; not just taking a “break” from our kids like they are a burden. We are so thankful for every person in our family, and we ALL deserve the party!

(This is us in 2006, just months before welcoming our first child into our family!)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congratulations on your 10 years to eternity! You have such a beautiful family.